Before you try to contact us, please read the information below. We get a lot of email and don’t have time to get back to everyone. We find most questions can be answered with the material below. The “Contact Us” information is at the bottom of this page.
Contacting the Schizophrenia.com Editorial Team
Questions, comments, feedback? Email us and we’ll try to respond promptly (sometimes we are overloaded). Please note the following before you send us email:
- Help for friend or family member: If you need ideas or recommendations on how to help a family member we highly recommend you join our on-line support groups / discussion areas and talk with other parents, friends and family members who are already discussing these issues. There are thousands of people like you already in the discussion groups - we encourage you to review the messages already posted – most of the key issues related to schizophrenia are already discussed on a regular basis and the messages will likely be of value to you. Its a friendly and very supportive group – we think you’ll like the discussion areas and hope you’ll join in!
- If you’re a student, looking for information – we think its great that you’re learning about the schizophrenia, but
because we’re a small website struggling to keep up with the needs of our community members, please don’t send us an email for help - we just don’t have time. We encourage you to look around the web site and review the messages in the discussion areas (but again, please do not ask people to help you with your research – these are support groups for people with schizophrenia, not people who have time for helping you on your research). There is plenty of information to do any kind of school report (over 80,000 pages of information – including the messages in our discussion areas and the web pages on our site) so please use the site as much as you like, virtually every question you could come up with has already been answered and all you need to do is search for it.
- If you’re writing to get permission to link to anywhere in our site – please don’t. You don’t need to ask our permission – feel free to link to any part of the web site you are interested.
- If you’re a book publisher or author – we’re very interested in reviewing books related to schizophrenia and related issues. Please contact us and send us information on your book and let us know how we might be able to get a review copy of the book. Ideally we’d like to get a PDF file of the book emailed to us.
- If you’re a schizophrenia researcher – we’d like to learn more about your research. Please send us information. We’ll help if we can. If you’re looking to recruit study participants we have both a basic free announcement service, as well as a low-cost, paid service (for commercial research). contact us for details.
- If some part of our web site is broken – please let us know!
We’re a small volunteer organization and we occasionally make mistakes in website maintenance.
- If you have some ideas on how to improve the site – please let us know!
- Advertising - We accept some advertising on the web site to help allow us to maintain and improve the site. The advertising must be related to products and services that help people with schizophrenia. Please contact us if you’d like to learn more, and send us information about your proposed advertising.
We get a lot of mail, so sometimes we take over a week to reply to specific emails. We apologize for this slow response, in advance.
Email us at: szwebmaster (at) yahoo.com